Showing your art to anyone can be a daunting feat on its own. To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of information you may find helpful in submitting your portfolio to Amelia Con. We’ve spelled out our own rules and have also provided some helpful tips. If you have any questions, please email us at info(at)ameliacon.com. Thank you for your interest in Amelia Con. We look forward to seeing your art.
Amelia Con’s Portfolio Submission Rules
- All work sold and/or displayed at your table must be made by and belong to you.
- No traced, bootleg, filtered, or splatter art will be accepted.
- All portfolios should show examples of recent work.
- Original art will be preferred to fan art, given comparable quality.
- The Convention Chair has the right to deny any application for any reason.
- Please do not submit your art by posting it on the Amelia Con Facebook or other social networking pages or by sending attachments. These types of entries will not be considered.
- Keep your portfolio up to date with your latest prints and commissions to better show customers what you are currently producing.
- Periodically review your portfolio and purge old art.
- If linking to a website, divide your sketches from the rest of your portfolio. We welcome you to share your sketches but finished art will always take precedence.
- Test your portfolio’s website in all web browsers to ensure everyone can see your work.
- If you have your own book or web comic, link us to the listing online.
- It should be obvious what type of art you produce. If you are a multifaceted artist, dividing your portfolio into sections that house similar art might showcase your art the best.
- Read the Artist and Crafter Rules before submitting your portfolio.
Portfolio Review Process
- Complete the online submission form and provide the information requested.
- You will receive a confirmation once we have received your submission.
- All entries will be held until June 15, 2018 at which time they will be sorted into genres and Convention Staff will choose which artists will participate.
- If your portfolio was approved, payment on your table must be made within two weeks. If payment is not received, your application will be denied.
- If your portfolio was not approved, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space comes available.
- You will receive a confirmation of payment within 5 business days.
If you have questions or if you haven’t received a confirmation email within the allotted time period, please email us at info(at)ameliacon.com. All emails will be replied to within 24 hours.