The below rules and guidelines ONLY apply to the COSTUME competition.
Separate rules apply to the Cosplay Competition. To view them, click here.
The Costume Competition portion of the event is reserved for those who created or are modeling hand crafted costumes ONLY. Manufactured costumes will NOT be permitted to enter. All participants must be age 13 or older.
Designers and Cosplayers wishing to showcase their quality, handmade costumes and have their worked judged by experienced and local cosplay designers may enter the Costume Competition.
This is a highly competitive category.
- All costumes must be at least 60% handmade;
- Body pieces and focal pieces must be handmade;
- Shoes, socks, wigs, and simple gloves to do not have to be handmade;
- If modeling a designer’s costume, the designer must be in attendance for judging and competition;
- It is up to the model and designer how the prizes are divided;
How to Enter:
- Entries will be limited to 40;
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis;
- Sign-up form will be located by the Anime Screening Room at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 9, 2019 at the Women’s Club;
- Once the entry form is full, we will not be accepting any more entries;
Pre-judging (New this year!):
- Pre-judging will start at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 9, 2019 at the stage at the Women’s Club;
- You will be called in the order your entry appears on the form;
- Failure to show for pre-judging will result in removal from the competition;
- Only those who signed up are eligible for pre-judging;
- Though it is not required, bringing proof that you made your costume will improve your chances;
- Please bring a reference picture of the character you’re cosplaying;
- If you are cosplaying an original character, please plan to provide a brief description of your character;
- Percentage that is handmade
- Technical Skill
Main Event Participation:
- Please be in the Women’s Club before 5:45 p.m. along the wall on the right side of the stage;
- Entrants will be called onto the stage to model their costume in the order they appear on the sign-up form;
- Entrants will be given one minute to model and explain their costume on stage for the audience;
- Grand Prize: $500, Trophy, Amelia Con 2020 Tickets;
- 1st Place: $250, Trophy, Amelia Con 2020 Tickets;
- 2nd Place: $50, Rosette Ribbon, Amelia Con 2020 Tickets;
- Honorable Mention: Ribbon, Amelia Con 2020 Tickets