To apply for an Exhibitor booth, please fill out our Exhibitor Application!
Amelia Con offers exhibitors the unique experience to exhibit and sell to a diverse crowd in a historically rich resort town. Amelia Island is well known for its beautiful sandy beaches, small town atmosphere, and historical significance. By exhibiting at Amelia Con, you will have the opportunity to reach a demographic currently yearning for the opportunity to enjoy a convention and engage with artists, exhibitors, and other fans.
For returning Exhibitors… If you participated in our 2014 and 2016 shows, thank you! Thank you for taking a chance on a new convention. We know it’s always a gamble going into a new show and we appreciate you rolling the dice for us. We’re glad so many of you had a great convention and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
- Price: $200
- 10×10′ space within which you may sell your services and wares
- Two chairs
- Up to four exhibitor badges
- 8:00 a.m. access to the Exhibit Hall
- Admission to all Amelia Con events that are not separately ticketed.
- Advertising and Presence
- Listing on the Amelia Con website
- Your booth clearly indicated on the online Exhibit Hall Map in the program ap
- One free promotion on our Facebook Page announcing your participation in Amelia Con.
- Ability to link from your store’s listing on our website to your website
- Exhibit Hall Hours:
- The Exhibit Hall will be open only on Saturday, February 6, 2016.
- 8:00 a.m.: Exhibitors/Artists Set-Up
- 10:30 a.m.: VIP Passholder early entry
- 11:00 a.m.: General admission
- 11:00 – 1:00: Lunch provided by one of our sponsors
- 5:00 p.m.: Exhibit Hall Closes
- 7:00 p.m.: All Exhibitors/Artists must be out of the exhibit hall
We are excited and honored that you are interested in being an Exhibitor at Amelia Con! We want to provide you with a space that will allow you to showcase your merchandise and services. At Amelia Con, you have the freedom to operate your space like your own store, where you are the decision maker. By giving you this freedom, we are making a statement that we respect you and your decisions.
- Auction goods and services.
- Deny any sale for any reason.
- Set up additional chairs, tables, and displays, as long as all of it remains within your space and is structurally sound.
- Sell mature content to those of appropriate age. You must check ID’s.
- Purchase additional advertising space in brochures, on our website, and on our social networking pages.
Exhibitors may not sell…
- Bootleg Merchandise
- Art created by someone else and which you are not authorized to sell
- Purchasing arts and crafts from someone on Etsy, Redbubble, Store Envy, Deviant Art, and other similar sites with the intention of reselling
- Purchasing arts and crafts from a “supplier” who uses art found “around the internet”
- Printing art created by someone else and putting it in your own buttons, trinkets, etc.
- Selling Perler creations that are not original in content and design
- This includes official art, logos, and licensed characters by companies including, but not limited to, Nintendo, Saban, FUNimation, Nozomi Entertainment, Sentai Filmworks, Section 23, NIS America, Aniplex USA, Bandai, Geneon Universal, Geneon, Warner Bros., Disney, Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Yen Press, Lionsgate, Hasbro, etc.
- This also includes going to Deviant Art (or some other non-stock image site) and printing out someone’s art (even someone who lives on the other side of the world) with the intention of selling it in its original form or modified (on a bag, printed on t-shirts, chopped and placed in buttons/jewelry, etc.). This will not be tolerated.
- If you are a crafter, jewelry maker, etc.
- Crafted plushies may not be sold if there is an officially licensed version of that product (i.e. My Little Pony, FUNimation anime plushies)
- The art featured in jewelry (cameos, resin charms, etc.) does not have to be illustrated/made by you. However, the images should not be of licensed characters, logos, or reproduced official art (see above). In other words, do not get on the internet and print pictures of popular characters, cut them out into little squares and circles, place them inside a charm, and then pour resin on them. We aren’t trying to be sticklers about this, but there is similar officially licensed merchandise in the marketplace and some companies are starting to take a hard line on what they will and will not allow.
- You may sell Perler only if the designs and content are original. In other words, do not sell sprites of Nintendo properties.
- Basically, if you’re selling something, it needs to be an officially licensed product or 100% made by you.
- If you are selling someone else’s art/products, please make sure you have a signed letter from that artist stating that you can sell his/her works.
All attendees, participants, exhibitors, artists, guests, staff, and volunteers must abide by the convention rules. Additionally, all exhibitors are responsible for…
- Keeping their chairs, tables, equipment, merchandise, signage, and displays within their 10×10′ space.
- Collecting any fees/taxes associated with selling their merchandise and services.
- All merchandise sold and/or displayed at their booth.
- Checking ID’s for all mature content views and/or purchases and ensuring that all mature or risque content is covered and/or censored.
- Collecting any garbage produced by or left at their booths, bagging it, and bringing it to the designated area at the close of the show.
- Providing a state or government issued ID when picking up their badges. No one will be given a badge without proper identification.
- The behavior of their helpers, volunteers, labor, and/or staff.
- Ensuring all displays, merchandise, tables, and fixtures of any kind are structurally sound. Attendees and staff will be walking around booths and should not be at risk of being injured by any unsecured displays or merchandise. Vendors will be held responsible for any damages that occur to the convention hall, equipment, personnel, guests, vendors, and attendees withing their booth’s space.
- Timely paying for their booth space.
- Providing their own transportation and equipment to move, set-up, and/or store their merchandise.
- Showing up. Any vendor who has reserved a booth and does not attend will not be allowed to exhibit at future Woodruff Enterprises, LLC events.
- Arriving early to secure a parking spot. Parking at the event hall is available on a first come, first serve basis. Amelia Con cannot guarantee preferred parking for vendors who arrive within one hour of the show. However, we will do our best to keep the loading area on the side of the event hall available for as long as possible.
- Not affixing anything to the walls and/or the floor of the convention hall. This includes, but is not limited to, using sticky tacky, tape, masking tape, sticky squares, duct tape, etc. Any person who violates this policy will be responsible for reimbursing the event hall and Amelia Con for all damages, time, and any other incurred expenses for removing the product(s).
- Always having at least one Exhibit Staff Member at their booth at all times.
- Checking in prior to 9:30 a.m. on the day of the show.
- Setting up before 10:30 a.m. and remaining set-up for the duration of the show, until the exhibit hall is closed.
Amelia Island is known for it’s small town atmosphere and hospitality. We take pride in operating a punctual, courteous, and stress-free event (well, as stress-free as a convention can be). You can expect the following from Amelia Con, our staff, and volunteers:
- A speedy check-in experience.
- Labeled exhibitor spaces prior to your arrival.
- Someone to assist you throughout the day. This will be a convention volunteer who will walk around the exhibit hall. However, you are always welcome to come and talk to the convention staff at our Amelia Con booth if there’s something you need.
- 48-hour response time to all emails and phone calls.
- A clearly defined refund policy. No refunds will be processed after 2 weeks of receipt of payment. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing admission, booths, tables, tickets to separately ticketed events, products, services, and advertising.
- Courteous and respectful interactions.
- A security presence at the convention to help keep things under control.
- Confirmation emails within 3 – 5 business days of receipt of any forms or payments you have submitted. If you don’t receive one, let us know and we’ll get on it!
- Some snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Admission to any “official” Saturday night Amelia Con sponsored after parties by showing your badge.
- Directions to the event hall one week prior to the convention.
- A list of all the events, guests, etc. that will be at Amelia Con no later than one week prior to the convention.
- A clearly defined loading zone and check-in area for exhibitors and artists.
We are sponsored by major distributors and licensees. They sell official products to promote their brand. These are the companies who bring anime to the United States and continue making great American Animation and Superhero movies. We want to help them and our exhibitors who support them succeed.
Amelia Con aims to welcome representatives from these companies to our convention. We cannot invite them, in good conscience, knowing that vendors would be selling unlicensed merchandise.
We also have a commitment to our attendees to provide a marketplace that supports the industries who create their favorite content. We have promised our attendees that they will be able to purchase official merchandise directly from vendors. Offering anything less would break our commitment to them. We would rather have a small group of vendors with a wide variety of legal merchandise than an exhibit hall filled with bootlegs.
If you are caught selling bootleg merchandise at Amelia Con, you will be asked to leave immediately. You will be blacklisted from the convention and not allowed to exhibit in the future. Amelia Con will issue a formal apology with your business’ name included via social media. Yes, we take this very seriously.
All exhibit booths are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Because we are a multi-genre convention with limited exhibit space, we want to offer our attendees a diverse exhibit hall complete with a variety of merchandise and services. In order to do this, we will be hand selecting all exhibitors based on current capacity. Amelia Con has the right to deny any exhibitor application for any reason. We strive to accommodate everyone, but space is limited. If we are unable to approve your application, we will let you know as soon as we can. If you’d like, we can place you on a waiting list and will contact you when a space comes available. You can also opt to participate in The Bazaar, our outdoor marketplace if we are unable to give you a space in the Exhibit Hall. Denying your application does not mean that you, your store, and/or your products/services are in any way sub par. Bluntly speaking, it means that we’ve already filled that “need” because someone beat you to the chase. If your application is denied, we hope that you will apply again to future Amelia Cons because we would love to have you. All attendees, participants, exhibitors, artists, guests, staff, and volunteers must abide by the convention rules.